- Lawrence Economics Blog LU economics professors blog for students, alumni, and assorted fellow travelers.
- Marginal Revolution Small steps toward entertainment and enlightenment, from blogger superstars Alex Tabarrok and Tyler Cowen.
- VoxEU A clearinghouse of research summaries with a policy emphasis.
- The Monkey Cage My favorite political science blog is at the Washington Post
- Economix The New York Times trots out some great economists.
- Freakonomics Levitt and Dubner are more amusing than “freaky”.
- Environmental Economics Sounds about right.
- Political Calculations Check the numbers for yourself, from the budget deficit to your BMI.
- Economic Principals David Warsh’s indpendent weekly provides insight into the economics profession.
- Econ Talk Not a blog, but Russ Roberts has amassed a great catalog of interviews.
From the Mudd
- The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics Available from campus IP addresses.
- Lexis Nexis Access to a tremendous amount of material, newspapers, magazines, wire services, blogs, and probably more than that.
- Web of Knowledge A search engine geared toward scientific and other academic publications.
- Library databases Click on “databases” in the search box. Includes Academic Search Premier, Business Search Premier (under EBSCOhost), World Wide Political Abstracts.
- Recent acquisitions in economics An RSS feed of The Mudd’s latest additions to its economics collection
- The Journal of Economic Perspectives The true flagship journal of the American Economic Association — your source for review articles on myriad topics, and a symposium in every issue.
- The Economists View A very nice BE Press journal containing concise policy analyses. ‘
- Issues of the Day from Resources for the Future RFF posts 100 short, readable commentaries on “climate, energy, the environment, transportation, and public health policy.” Excellent starting point.
- Resources for Economists The AEA’s clearinghouse of useful links, sites, and other stuff.